Stanford University, Sapp Center for Science Teaching & Learning
Originally built in 1903, Stanford University chose to modernize the Old Chemistry Building four-story sandstone structure while preserving its signature Spanish Colonial Revival features including a Spanish tile roof, original stairways, expansive windows, and intimate courtyards. The building’s façade is classic Stanford, but the details are illuminated with modern fixtures and amenities.
The lighting design promotes a natural light flow seamlessly from hallways into bright adaptive classrooms. In each classroom, LED fixtures with simple motion sensors help to keep energy usage low.
- Architectural Lighting
- Sustainable Design
- Higher Education
- Historic Renovation
LEED Gold Certified74,000 sq.ft. | 6,875 sq.m.
- Tim Griffith