Originally built in 1877, the updated lighting system for H.H. Richardson’s Trinity Church is composed of luminaires thoughtfully distributed throughout, making it possible for elements to be illuminated for the first time. Luminaires are inconspicuously located, allowing the lighting system to fade visually into the background. Ease of operation was critical to the design. A new lighting control system was installed, allowing staff to easily select preset scenes tailored to recurring events. All luminaires are accessible for maintenance using either lowerable electric trusses or ceiling catwalks above. LED luminaires dramatically reduce energy and maintenance costs to a fraction of the previous solution.
- Architectural Lighting
- Historic Renovation
- Goody Clancy
- Illuminating Engineering Society Award of Merit - Exterior
- Illuminating Engineering Society Section Award - Interior
- Andy Caulfield